Tecdia's single layer chip capacitors (SLC) and resistors are made in Japan with proprietary formulations of ceramic materials, with a relative permittivity (dielectric constant) ranging in value as low as 40 and high as 50,000. Single layer ceramic chip capacitors and resistors used in microwave and optical communications devices are generally die attached to a circuit board or substrate using conductive epoxy or gold-tin solder, and the opposing electrode(s) connected to other elements of the circuit by gold wire or ribbon bonding. Some designs can be entirely surface mounted to eliminate wire connections.
The impedance characteristics of single-layer capacitors and resistors are superior to multi-layer capacitors for high-frequency bandwidths.
Download single layer chip capacitors catalog
- High reliability established over 30 years of proven success.
- Extensive product line-up of Class 1 (NP0 - zero temperature coefficient - and temperature compensating) and Classes 2 & 3 (higher K values, less stable temperature coefficient) capacitors.
- Three design types (A, B, and C) to best fit installation conditions and required specifications.
- Single-layer structure with superior high frequency characteristics
- High capacity at tiny sizes using K=16000, K=30000 and K=50000
- Superior temperature characteristics
- High withstanding voltage and high reliability
- Compact, high capacity using K=16,000
- Reduced installation time
- High performance at low cost
Download thin film chip resistor catalog
- Suitable for both gold-tin soldering and epoxy die attachment
- Single and multiple value chips
- Inventory of standard designs for quick delivery
Download integrated resistor-capacitor catalog
- Less parts to buy and install.
- Less circuit space used and quicker installation
- Improved reliability throught eliminated connection
- Good temperature characteristics: TCC=X7S(±22%),TCR=-100±50ppm/°C
- High withstanding (breakdown) voltage
- Solderable chip mounting